I’ve had pizza, I’ve had hummus, and I’ve even had pizza flavored hummus, but now two worlds will collide in this ridiculously delicious recipe. Really filling, and definitely cheaper than takeout, this is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Serves 4, 2 slices per serving
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- In a large heat-proof bowl, combine the flour, yeast, and brown sugar. Stir in the warm water until a soft dough forms. Knead for 5 minutes, then cover and let sit in a warm area for 1 hour.
- While the dough rises, make the hummus. In a food processor, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil and chickpeas through salt and blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a pizza pan with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and spread the dough on it. Bake for 10 minutes. Top the crust with the hummus and remaining ingredients, then broil in the oven for 1-2 minutes, until spinach is wilted and all toppings are heated through.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Nutrition per serving:
Calories: 473 Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 2.7g Protein: 14.5g Carbohydrates: 63g Sugars: 7.6g