When I originally tested this recipe, the results were eaten so fast that I didn’t even have a chance to photograph it. Combining two different vegan protein sources, black beans and quinoa, makes these patties healthy and delicious.
Double Protein Patties
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- With either a fork or potato masher, mash all the ingredients together.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take the bean and quinoa mixture and form 4 patties and place them on the lined sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, flip, then bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve on a bun with all your favorite burger toppings.
Nutrition per serving:
Calories: 163 Fat: 1.4g Saturated Fat: 0g Protein: 8g Carbohydrates: 30g Sugars: 1g